canon pixma IP 3600

Some context? What are you trying to accomplish, for what purpose?

Overall, I don't think you can get the specific info you ask about (if I understand your question). But there may be "work-arounds". Maybe?

Geeky TMI follows?

With many Canon printers, it is possible to get a printed sheet in "Service Mode" from the EEPROM that has some nitty-gritty details like:
* printed pages (not separated by size, for 4x6" counts the same as letter size)
* amount of waste tank used (or remaining?)
* other details ... lots of numbers that aren't easy to decipher
* I've seen this info from several Canon printers, but I'm pretty sure "daily usage" or "prints in the past 24 hours" wasn't a statistic that was kept and provided.
* I'm curious how you intend to use this info? Billing?

* However, the specifics to get into "Service Mode" and get this info isn't necessarily easy to come by, especially for more recent printers like the CLI-221 based iP3600. I've never had success getting info from Canon tech support, which has been frustrating.

* My speculation is that the iP3600 doesn't have a user-interface, and just has some lights and buttons ... which would be like my older iP4500.

* My experience is that the particular, complicated series of button pushes and lights isn't necessarily the same for different printers, especially if they are different generations.

* IIRC, I've gotten the "Service Mode" from a CLI-8 based MX850, but it was different from a newer CLI-221 based MP990.

* But bottom line, I don't think your iP3600 can provide an answer to "how many prints did it make today?"

* Also, be careful to just try pushing buttons based on "Service Mode Info" from another printer ... you could end up changing the language from English to Japanese, or resetting something that shouldn't be reset.

Last edited:

Ask a Question