Can't install HL-2270DW Win 10 Pro X64 April 2018 Update

I uninstalled both my HL-2270DW and MFC-J615W. Ran the Brother uninstaller on the 2270DW printer.
When I try to install the latest available X64 printer driver for the 2270DW printer, HL-2270DW-inst-D1-win8-useu.EXE, I get the following error, every time. http://s16.photobucket.com/user/ztr...Install-Error_zpsa5axd11f.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

I don't know how to post the image directly here in this forum or I would, sorry.

The error message I get is: The Brother printing device software has already been installed. There are no additional items to install.

I don't know where it's looking to make this decision as I've uninstalled and deleted everything, including the directories under the C: drive.

I have no problem installing g the MFC-6`5W Inkjet printer.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Note: This is with the printer powered off and the USB cable disconnected.

Rich

Last edited:
Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click HL2270 Icon -> Select "Remove Device"
Re-install HL2270 using Install CD

I took one last look around before doing a reset of Windows 10 and in Programs and Features there was a HL-2270DW entry. I ran the Brother Uninstall tool again and removed HL-2270DW again then rebooted (again) and this time after I rebooted was able to install the full Hl-2270DW package from Brother.

No idea why it didn't work the first few times I did this but I'm happy I don't have to do a reset or reinstall.

Well, that was a dead end. It wouldn't print after it installed. I finally ended up doing a reset, saving all my personal data and now all works again, except I have to reinstall a bunch of software, including Office, Seamonkey, ObjectRexx, Adobe, Macrium, Malwarebytes, etc.

All seems to be working well though, so far.

Ask a Question