Doesn't recognize black cartridge

I purchased a after market cartridge that had good reviews but the printer doesn't recognize it.

It may be with the cartridge compatibility with the printer. You should check the cartrgies(their model numbers, manufactures) that is compatible with your printer.

I purchased a after market cartridge that had good reviews but the printer doesn't recognize it.
I feel your frustration. Sometimes aftermarket cartridges can be a bit tricky. Have you tried cleaning the cartridge and the printer's contacts? Also double check if you removed any protective strips on the cartridge. If all else fails it might be worth reaching out to the manufacturer or checking for any firmware updates for your printer.
Hang in there and let's get that printer working smoothly!

If you've tried cleaning the contact and reseating the cartridge in the printer and it still doesn't work, it may not be you and could very well be the cartridge chip. It could be for an abundance of reasons: The chip wasn't reset properly, chip is damaged, for wrong printer. Your printer could have updated firmware which is one of the last things you should do when having a printer issue. Most likely it's a production error and nothing to do with you. If you don't mind me asking, which company did you choose?

Ask a Question