Epson Pages Per Month

Epson Ecotank printers at Staples now show a pages per month print volume rating. What is the lesson to be learned? Does this mean an 800 page per month printer is more robust or reliable than a printer with 600 page per month volume rating? I use my current ET3600 for home use but routinely print more than 800 pages per month printing things downloaded from the internet. My ET3600 total page count is at 40,000 pages. I'm just researching new printers thinking ahead to the time when the 3600 finally breaks. 800 pages per month make me think the printer is kind of wimpy and would not compare with the ET3600.
Any insight? Thanks

In summary, typically the higher the monthly volume rating, the more capable and robust the machine is, as you stated. However, in the case of Epson's consumer grade models such as the Eco Tanks, I will note that this new denomination of capability could be more geared towards their campaigns featuring "up to 2 years of ink in the box", which frequently could be misleading for customers who did not realize those two years were based on a fixed monthly average volume. That said, I could see Epson shifting this phrase into the spotlight in order to thwart misconceptions about how much printing can be done with the Eco Tank's "years of ink"

Ask a Question