Epson Printer Conspiracy ?

I'm not generally a conspiracy theory guy but have to wonder if there isn't a connection between my unnecessary, unwanted Epson software "upgrades" that take place randomly, and my increasingly dismal performing machine.

I have an XP-310 that doesn't get a bunch of use but fairly regular use. Brand new and out of the box, it worked great and I couldn't ask for a better printer. Then enter a couple of again UNWANTED 'software upgrades' and soon the printer doesn't work as well as it used to. I'm starting to think there's a connection and have friends who have had accelerated Epson failures that I'm wondering if theirs too, wasn't due to these 'upgrades' and i have been unsuccessful in shutting off the 'upgrades'.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

Simple. Epson sucks!. don't ever buy another Epson product and your life will be better for it!
Cheap/loud/and annoying software.
HP seems fine!

I also believe there's no need for software upgrades if the the printer is doing well. Every time an upgrade or update is made, changes in the printer settings will happen. Check the settings in the software and turn off the "auto updates".

Ask a Question