Epson Stylus Color 600

Hi everyone,

I found in the attic this old Epson inkjet that I used in the 90s and, still having new cartridges, I said to myself... why not try to use it ? I then connected the printer via the IEEE-1284 Parallel/serial cable but unfortunately when I start the CD with original drivers, even if I choose the compatibility mode because being too old, there is no updated driver on the Epson site, so the setup file crashes immediately with the message "This app cannot be run in your computer", so I installed VMware and a virtual machine with Windows 98, I started W98 and finally the original Epson CD started, I then chose the Stylus Color 600 printer and started reading all the files and immediately after it tells me that the printer cannot be installed with this message.

Where am I wrong in your opinion ? Because I don't want to think that you can't get it to work.

Any suggestions ?

Thank you.

Ask a Question