Epson v600 scanner document skew problem

This scanner worked fine for a couple of years then started tilting the images in the file, but randomly this way or that, nothing consistent. In a multipage pdf, the the pages would be tilted despite the pages being set firm against the borders of the platen. I reported this to Epson Australia support and they engaged with me and tried to rectify it by getting me to load the latest version of the software. When that didn't work, they concluded that it was a hardware problem and told me to take it to a repair agent, but that the cost would likely be my responsibility. They didn't seem to have had the problem before. Just before I set out to the repair agent, I had a trawl through the configuration settings in the software (Epson scan) and noticed buried deep a setting labelled 'Correct document skew'. It was ticked, so I unticked it and the problem went away. I assume it is a software bug that hasn't been either noticed or fixed. I reported this to Epson but didn't hear back from them. I am posting this in case there is someone else out there with the same issue.

Ask a Question