ET-3830 Printing Speed Problem

Hi everyone, first time poster on this forum. I've tried searching the internet for a fix to my problem but I couldn't find a solution.

My printer model is ET-3830 and is about 2 years old. It has been working very fine until about 4 months ago when my problem first arose. I did one or two print head cleaning, along with a power cleaning and the problem went away - although I am not sure at all this maintenance "solved" the problem, as it reappeared about 1 month ago. Gotta say I haven't retried the power cleaning as my problem does not lie with the print quality, but more with the printing speed itself.

Here's my problem:
- Whenever I sent a file to the printer using a computer (tried on 2 different ones), the printer start immediately if it hasn't printed in a while but takes a very long time to print (around 2min for simple print).
- After a print, the file "stays" on the printer job list for a while (around 5min, never timed it really) before going away and being "ready" to print a second job.
- Copying functions works wonder. It is fast and quality is on point, which leads me to believe the problem does not lies with the printing function but more with the connection between the computer and printer.

Tried to no avail:
- I've tried to delete and reinstal the printer on one computer (no fix).
- I've tried to do print head cleanings (no fix).
- I've tried lowering the print quality (no fix).

I'm in a bind, I don't know what's wrong and even less how to fix it.
If anyone has a clue, I'd be very glad to hear it.

Thank you,

Ask a Question