ET8550 wired network

I have a new ET8550 printer. I initially set it up on wifi as that was most convenient at the time. Now I want to move it to a new location where the wifi reception is poor. I have a wired network port close at hand and so want to use that. The user's guide touches on this bit doesn't go into it in depth. I get the feeling that this is deprecated, or maybe they just think nobody will do this. This ought to be a preferred method of access since its faster and more reliable.

It says I need to uninstall my product software, then reinstall it and select Wired network connection. Really? I must uninstall and reinstall?
Why does the client software care how the printer is connected as long as it is on my LAN?

What about the phone (Android) apps? Same deal there?

Answering my own question ...

All that is necessary is to follow the owners guide instructions for disabling wifi. It then connects via the LAN port.
The software on client devices doesn't need to be changed at all. It just works (as it should).

Ask a Question