Fed Up With Epson

I have used Epson printers for over 30 years, but I give up. I junked an old NX300 all-in-one about six months ago that had served me well refilling the cartridges myself. It printed acceptable photos and excellent day to day printing. I replaced it with a XP-310 that will not let me use refillable cartridges. It's a long story, but the symptoms change because I was stupid enough to leave it on auto update. Can somebody recommend a inexpensive all in one that lets me refill the ink cartridges and prints reasonably on plain white paper. Money is an issue, as I am among the tribe of the idle poor. (Retired)

Me Too!! I'm using a year old Epson Workforce 3520 and am fed up with cleaning print heads and ink cartridges. I'm, wasting more paper and ink than I save by using two sided printing and being in draft mode most of the time. I also am looking for a better printer that prints duplex.

Bill

I've just bought a Brother J5625DW... It has duplex printed A4 size documents, but will not dual print, A3 sheets of paper... So watch out if you go for one of those... It may well work, but I've not found a way of doing so - to date...
One thing I do like about it, is that it accepts compatible inks: without question or a murmur... I like that...

Robbie_DL...

Not long after posting on here, Epson did something with their software update. I now can use compatible ink. When I install a non-Epson cartridge, I am notified that it will invalidate my warranty (which has run out) and asks if I want to use it anyway. I recently bought ten XL cartridges (6 colors, 4 black) for $17.00 and have no problems or complaints. Now I love the XP-310. Since I paid less than 50 for it to start with, when this ink runs out, I will have gotten my money's worth. It's a great wireless multifunction printer for home use.

Ask a Question