How to dismantle a Canon MP270 All in one printer

I have an obstruction/fault inside my Canon MP270,causing a paper jam error E03.I have turned it upside down & thoroughly inspected everywhere I can and get a light in.I have tried the roller cleaning function and carefully feeding a piece of cardboard in place of a ordinary piece of paper as suggested by various people.I wish to remove the outer casing in order to have a more detailed look.I have looked everywhere on the internet but only user manuals are available.Any help would be appreciated,Thank You.

Dismantling a Canon 270 All in one printer

I have managed to dismantle enough of my printer to clear my paper jam fault.Looking at the rear of the printer,remove the two philips head screws holding the rectangular panel.Locate arrow symbol on base of printer looking towards the rear panel.Use screwdriver and lever so that the panel is allowed to raise up.The panel comes off easily.Put printer on its side and open the scanner glass and lid mechanisms. The glass retaining plastic prop can be twisted gently to disenguage it from its restricted travel, allowing the scanner glass & top to open wider.You can now inspect the paper feed parts from both sides.I found a large peanut jammed in the paper feed on the left hand side which caused the paper to buckle and jam.I had previously shaken the printer to dislodge any obstructions with no result,prior to dismantling.The printer now works perfectly. I hope this helps anyone with a similar problem as I could not get any information on dismantling from anybody including canon and repair shops.

Ask a Question