HP 4730x scan/copy problem

Dear all
I have 2 identical printers HP 4730x mfp having the same problem started a year ago, somehow I related to mainboard having the HDD of 40GB on it. They have both scan to mail and scan to folder configured.
So, the big green START button on the printer has a small led underneath, that should be GREEN all the time. For some reason that LED turns RED for a while and the scan/copy are not possible at all, but just the printing. Not every re-TURN ON of the printer fix the problem, but randomly came back to GREEN.
Keep in mind that from interface you cannot see any error nor on the touch screen from printer (just the LED that is RED)
I replaced the logical scanner board, the HDD from an identical printer(as HP support suggested) but not the entire mainboard with HDD as is pretty expensive. The firmware is up to date also the problem is still there.

Any suggestion would be of great help
Thank you

Ask a Question