HP Photosmart not printing

B..

Hey guys, I own a HP Photosmart b109a and have for a couple of years with no issues.
About 4 days ago we brought some new ink cartridges for the printer as it had run out of colour ink and we were wanting to print out photos since we had heaps of photo paper and had thought it would work out cheaper than going to a store and paying for heaps of prints.
It was the correct ink used but on the first print everything came in shades of blue, no other colour had printed, so after removing the printhead I noticed it had been covered in blue ink as if it had leaked, so I cleaned it as shown online, but then only the black ink would print. I tried printing things with colour only and it would print but come out blank?
No issue with the ink would pop up and cartridges were shown to be full.
After much messing around I finally found how to do a cleaning cycle but only ran one as I didn't want to waste ink and didn't know if it would work.
Eventually the blue and yellow ink started to print and my photos came up as green in colour, but still no Magenta.
After moving from house to house I no longer have the disc to this printer so can't run the HP solution centre as it refuses to find the printer which my Windows 7 has found. I can't even remember how I found the cleaning cycle to try and do it again.
I've tried running many washes and printing heaps of coloured pages but the most I got was magenta appearing as a faded yellow.
So last night I tried to soak the head in hot water overnight as someone insisted it was clogged, which it also looked to be. This morning it was again a lot cleaner but now no colour will print! Only black ink!!
Any help with what can be done!? Getting these photos printed is super important as it's due to a loss of a family member and after paying for new ink that can't be returned, we can't afford to print at a store :(
Thanks in advance!

B..

No one has a solution?
Might just add, an old Calidad cartridge that requires you to carefully remove the chip of an old cartridge then add it to theirs, works perfectly in my printer right now....? the other inks don't want to work though....?

Ask a Question