Kyocera Ecosys 5021cdn - Faint left edge + ghost trails

Odd issue. Been using this fine laser printer for about 5 or 6 months but now l'm getting an issue with printing stuff, l think it's worst on Linux, the stuff l print on Windows seems fine, but then again, l don't print address labels on Windows.

Here is the issue:
When l print addresses out on my 4 x 2 (i.e. 8 to an A4 sheet) address labels, the addresses are faint on the left hand side, such that l sometimes have to overwrite with pen, which isn't ideal.

Moreoever, l get ghost trails i.e. the address in one row, leaving a ghost image over the address on the row below it, which of course spoils the labels on the row below.

On Windows l only print product labels in full colour, and l've not noticed the issue then. But when l print good old black and white postal addresses on Linux, l have this issue.

UPDATE: I've done a test print of some addresses on Windows. The addresses come out nice and bold on Windows, but sadly there is a very faint ghost trail of the address from the row above, over the address on the row below, but it's only on the left hand column (of my 2 colums x 4 rows address labels sheet), and moreover, only the left-most 1/8th part of the address is leaving a ghost image on Windows.

On Linux, the addresses print faint, and the ghost trails are on both the left and right columns on my 2-colum x 4 rows printer labels sheet. Moreover, the ghost trails are quite strong compared to the actual addresses on Linux (about 1/3rd as bold, and the entire address appears in the ghost trail), whereas on Windows, the ghost trails are about 1/20th as bold and therefore can be ignored, they don't ruin the address on the label in the next row below.

What a strange problem. Any ideas what could be wrong, and if a quick servicing would help?

Last edited:

Ask a Question