OKI C330DN - Service Call 983 : Error

Hello, I'm new to the forum, tried searching on the very specific error code above and couldn't find any results, so I'm posting.

Have some problems concerning this, and I think I have pinpointed the error to the little plastic pins on the OKI toner cartridges, that are inserted on top of the image drum in their respective slots, K (black), C, M and Y.

The error above, when researched, means "Multiple toner cartridges for the same color were detected" and I think that these pins are the source of this error. I have original OKI toner-cartridges and they are new, and according to the Maintenance Menu and Toner Status they are K-90%, C-90%, M-100%, Y+100%. There is obviously nothing in the waste toner part of the K-cartridge.

On each toner cartridge, at the left-bottom side, there are some pins on each cartridge. It's a set of two rows with four possible pins on each row. The row closest to the center of the printer has the pins set all alike, ie. two pins closest to the front and the next two slots are empty. However, the row closest to the left side of the printer, each toner-cartridge has a specific pin configuration, one for K, one for C, one for M and one for the Y-cartridge. I think its these that somehow are not being correctly sensed by the printer.

I'm enclosing a picture of the toner-cartridges where the pins are highlighted.

Does anyone have any information concerning this? Or if anyone has an OKI printer that uses these types of toner-cartridges and could shed some light on how their toner-cartridge-pins are configured for K, C, M and Y?

Kind regards, Ted Strand
C330DN.JPG

Ask a Question