Print from Notepad but nothing else - Canon MF216N

Hello everyone!

I'm having a very strange issue, and appreciate any help/tips anyone can give. I purchased a Canon MF216N new a few days ago, and installed it without issue. However, I am unable to print to the printer using anything but Notepad. Windows test page, PDF, Word, Excel...all seem to send the document to the printer, the "Processing/Data" light flashes and the document sits in the print queue, but that's as far as it goes. Notepad documents go straight to the printer and print without issue.

I thought it might have been an issue with my desktop, so I installed the printer using the newest drivers from the website on my laptop. Just like my desktop, it is printing from Notepad but nothing else.

To answer some potential questions in advance: Yes, it is set as the default printer. I've searched Google, and have noticed similar problems but nothing that matches this issue exactly. I'm getting no error message in either Windows, no error in the print queue, and no errors on the printer display. I'm running Windows 10 on both my laptop and desktop. Unfortunately, I don't have any other versions of Windows running in the house to test the printer with.

Any ideas would be helpful, and thanks in advance!

There are two drivers available for Windows 10. One is 64 bit and the is 32 bit. Try to install the other driver. Delete the first installation then install the printer again using the other version of Windows 10 driver.

Ask a Question