Print to Fax

Hello,

I have a Canon imageCLASS MF8350Cdn

I am finally posting here as my last resort. I have done a lot of research on this desired function for my company with no avail. I am wondering if one is able to print to a fax. Since my multifunction printer has both the print function and a fax function, can I send a fax from my computer (through the printer) by printing to it somehow?

It makes sense that this could work since the process of faxing is to scan the document in and then enter the fax address and the process of printing is to send the document to the printer. Since the printer 'has' the document in both instances, why can't it do this?

I understand that the printer may not come with this capability but it is definately possible. Is there a canon or third party program that can do this for me?

the closest I have come to a solution is the pc2fax program but it doesn't use my printers fax ability. It uses the sites fax function at a cost.

Thank you.

Ask a Question