Printer is printing random 'lines' at the bottom of gloss prints

My ET-5800 printed perfectly to begin with. Then it started to randomly print glossy prints strangely. It would get through the print fine, and then at the very bottom left corner it would print a small line. It would do this for a while then stop. It was mostly black with some noticeable yellow or other colours in it.

Epson told me it was because I wasn't using genuine Epson paper. So I changed to their expensive branded paper and it has not made a difference.

It ONLY does it on glossy prints. Never on plain paper. The kind of glossy paper does not make a difference, and it does not do it on all prints but it is a very intentional line always in the very bottom left of a print. Unfortunately, I can't seem to share a photo of what it is doing here. But has anyone else ever had this happen?

Epson have now told me that I need to wipe the drivers and printer from the PC and start fresh and if that doesn't fix it then it needs to go to a repair station. I won't take it to a repair station though, in order to fix the issue they need to see it do that, and as it does it randomly I doubt the repair guy will see it and without my printer I cannot work so they can't have it for weeks. I don't think wiping drivers and the printer off the PC is going to help either, this is a totally random issue but it is wasting glossy and expensive paper. I found too that the print quality on Epson genuine to Kodak paper, the Kodak actually gave me a crisp and cleaner print than Epson paper. And yes it is genuine as I buy it direct from the Epson website.

Ask a Question