Xerox Phaser 6110 Black Toner issues

My Xerox Phaser 6110 colour laser printer has recently developed an annoying issue when printing black.

The coverage is very poor and there are lots of white or feint areas. According to the Configuration print-out, the remaining toner is 71%, so it's not an issue of low consumables.

To test whether the problem was present with all colours, I made a simple sheet up in Illustrator of four blocks - cyan, magenta, yellow and key, and printed it out.

I am not yet able to post a picture on the thread, but if you visit the following link, you will see what I mean:
ben-major[dot]co.uk/hosting/print-debug.jpg

I have followed the advice in both the user and workshop manuals for this problem, but none of the recommendations has solved the problem. Can anyone shed any light on what may be the cause of the issue?

For reference, here are some of the important stats about my specific printer:

Total page count: 2625 / 1538 (colour / mono)
Fuser page count: 6751
Transfer roller page count: 4140
Tray 1 roller page count: 4163
Imaging unit image count: 12,079
Toner average coverage: 6% / 7% / 6% / 4% (C / M / Y / K)

Any help would be most gratefully received indeed. I need this printer for my day to day work, and don't really want to fork out another £100+ to replace it unless I absolutely have to.

Ask a Question