Advice on an inkjet A3 printer/scanner...

Hi,

I'm an artist/illustrator looking for a bit of advice on the best A3 scanner and printer. I would ideally like an inkjet printer and it would need to be able to print A4 and A3.

The scanning area needs to be A3 but I would really like it slightly larger as it helps to have a bit of bleed on the image I'm scanning. So if A3 is 420 x 297 mm then it would help to have an extra cm or so either side.

I was looking at the Brother MFC J6510DW but as I said I am an artist and have heard that the print quality on this printer isn't particularly good (and I'd like it to work aswell as it can for images).

Pricewise I'd like something under £400.

This might be asking a lot but any help anyone can give me is greatly appreciated!

Thanks. x

As you probably know, there are a huge number of letter/legal/A4 A-I-O's, but I'm not aware of any A3 A-I-O's.

Generally, I'd think an A3 printer would be at least pretty decent in print quality, as that is pretty specialized. If you have access to the Brother, it isn't that difficult to hook up a laptop, and try it out with your own test-prints (and their ink, but your paper).

Actually, it may be the case that you could send in several test print .jpg's or maybe even .tiff's to Brother, and ask them to print them out and mail them to you. Might not hurt to ask. However, that will probably be prints from a well maintained printer in new condition, and perhaps with a custom print profile.

Do you not have room for a separate printer and scanner?

Ask a Question