Advice on home office printer to buy

I work out of my home and have used my HP LaserJet 3390 for many years. Its been a good printer but now the document feeder on top is grabbing more then one sheet of paper at a time when it pulls them through to scan. Its going to cost me about $100 to get it fixed so instead I am debating on just buying a new printer.

I am wanting an all in one laser printer (black toner only) that scans, copies and prints. It would need to have a document feeder on top that can handle at least 10 pages to be feed through the automatic tray. I would also need it to convert the scanned documents to a PDF upon completion.

I also like to save money by refilling my own toner cartridges so it would need to be a model that you can easily refill. I would also like to spend less then $200. So with all that in mind, what printers do you suggest I consider? Thanks in advance for your help!

Hello Motsyball:

This is a response for your last statement.

After you pick your choice of printer, you can check a compatible toner cartridge for your model. Once you have it, you can start doing a refill for your toner cartridge (of it's laserjet printer) or ink cartridge (if it's an inkjet printer) at a more economical price. So I'm saying that if you choose your printer, check for the availability of it's compatible products.

Ask a Question