Advice on Replacement Printer for Our Organization

Any advice?

I'm looking for a replacement printer for our church.

Requirements:

-- Color
-- Durable/rugged (will travel roughly twice a month)
-- Under $300 (can be refurbed, eBay, whatever)
-- Two-sided printing
-- Can be connected directly to computer
-- Works with Windows 7, XP, and Mac

Preferred:

-- Fairly high ppm
-- Good running costs

We meet in a school, so the printer will travel (~5x a year) to the home of whoever is currently doing the print media (100+ color bulletins every week) and to the school for big events (200+ printouts 3-4 times a year).

I'm pretty sure this means a non-inkjet, probably a laser, but I know nothing about LED printers.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Cindy

The Epson WorkForce 645 is relatively cheap, does two sided printing and is one of the highest rated printers on Amazon. It prints 15ppm.

Thanks for the advice -- we do appreciate it.

We did purchase the Epson 645. We are very disappointed in the life of the cartridges. We go through at least 3 during our weekly bulletin printing.

While we can change the paper, switch to a #127 cartridge (I believe she's getting the standard #126 cartridges refilled), and switch to black and white, it still looks our cost per bulletin will be too high.

Now, we're looking at FedEx Kinko's, fixing our old refurb laser printer, or buying a new color printer.

Any other advice?

Thanks,

CindyRae

Ask a Question