'BELT MISSING' Error

Hi Guys,

Recently had an issue with one of the toners in our printer, it is an 'ES5462' model. I replaced the toner with a brand new one and was getting an issue stating that the toner was not installed correctly. I did a bit of digging online to see if there was any solution and noticed an article from OKI support regarding a 'belt missing' error. I followed the instructions of removing the belt and placing it back in so that it locked into position, which removed the problem with the toner.

The printer now copies with no issues, but every time I try to print I get a message asking for 'user intervention' and occasionally 'BELT MISSING'.

Now, i've tried removing the belt and putting it back in multiple times, making sure it locks into place and also tried rebooting, leaving the printer off for 10mins etc, but i'm still getting this issue.

Just thought i'd chance my arm and see if anyone knew a fix or what I could be doing wrong before going to a printer company and pay for a fix...

Thanks.

Ask a Question