Best wireless printer for refilling

I am looking into buying a wireless printer that I can refill the ink cartridges. I know that printer manufacturers don't like you to refill their ink but I am looking for the one that will give me the least hassle. I am looking for one where the color ink is separated. Three individual color catridges plus the black. Looking to spend under $100. Let me know which ones are refilliable friendly and wireless!

In the "world of Canon", the last three generations of printers have been, imo, unfriendly to refilling.
* BCI-6 ... easy (after learning curve) and no resetter required
* CLI-8 ... better than BCI-6 once resetters became available
* CLI-221 ... smaller ink capacity and semi-opaque cartridge ... resetters available
* CLI-226 ... fully opaque cartridge ... resetters probably available (not sure)
* CLI-251 ... no resetters yet available and may be refiller-hostile

I've got a MP990 with wireless capability and semi-opaque but small CLI-221 carts. I wouldn't recommend it. If you live near a relatively large city, I'd look for a used CLI-8 based printer, but it may be difficult to find one with wireless capability.

Ask a Question