Best Workgroup Printer?

I am in the IT department of my local hospital. We are currently looking to switch printer manufacturers. We currently use all HP printing equipment; we have had several issues with HP over the last 2 years.

The consensus is that we no longer want to use HP printers due to their seemingly downward spiral in quality control.

I have researched Brother, Kyocera, Xerox, and Ricoh. We want to keep all the same brand of printer throughout, but not the same model necessarily.

What printer manufacturer would you all recommend? I am not a printer aficionado by any means. We need a printer with at least a 60,000 page duty cycle, black and white laser, easy to change fuser, and can be used on our network/domain.

We have had constant problems with the P series HP printers, phantom paper jams, fuser errors, roller issues, network trouble etc. However we have purchased two M series HP printers and they have been good so far (2 months). The M series printers are hard on our budget, we try to use P series when possible.

In our hospital environment we need a workhorse printer that is dependable.

Thanks for any information.

Here are the best five workgroup printer you can use for your network needs:

Epson Stylus NX515
Lexmark Interact S605
Lexmark Platinum Pro 905
Canon Pixma MP560
Samsung ML-2525W wireless laser printer

Ask a Question