Brochure paper

I just picked up a Canon MP530. A good machine so far. I used to have an HP 970Ce that I used for docs and brochure printing - that worked great for 8 years until it spit the bit this past week.

I went to print a brochure of mine on Hammermill Color Copy Cover 60lb. photo White and the results weren't quite as good as it used to be on the ol HP. The MP530 prints a great image on its own Canon paper but this paper I've been using for brochures is now performing a step down from what I'm used to.

I set the paper for plain paper as I did on the old one and have even adjusted some of the color management but still not great. Greens aren't deep enough and the blues in some of the skies are a bit weak.

Is it the paper? - like I said- it prints a nice print on Canon paper. Am I in need of finding another paper that works better with these inks? And what kind of brochure paper would work that isn't glossy? I know this printer is a step up from my old one, so now I have a new journey ahead to adjust to this one - any help will be nice.

Thanks,

Ask a Question