Brother HL-3170CDW - cyan toner giving streaks and white spots

My cyan toner has been getting streakier and streakier for a while now - see below! (I had no idea how bad it was until I printed this test sheet!) It doesn't only affect the cyan, it seems to streak itself over the other colours too.

However - this was AFTER I had changed all the drum units, because I assumed this was a drum problem. (I also changed the waste toner box, for what it's worth.) I've also cleaned the corona wires loads of times, and calibrated it loads of times (but it won't do auto-registration for some reason - that keeps failing).

I suppose everyone is going to tell me to put in a new cyan toner cartridge - but I'm loath to as this one is only half full? (I keep getting it out and cleaning it, as it's very powdery, and keeps dropping little dots of cyan toner everywhere. But then it seems to over-coat itself again.) If that's the only answer then I'll do it - but thought I would run this past you guys first. (I mean, how does a toner cartridge even end up like that?! It's a mess! I don't even do that much printing. And what's going on with the white spots?)

Help and advice please - thanks! :)

IMG_7739.jpeg

OK, you guys - I bit the bullet and replaced the toner! And it looks OK. (But is there anything else I could have done?)

PS. And now the auto-registration works too! ;)

Ask a Question