Canon ImageCLASS MF634Cdw jams on second page

I've owned the Canon ImageCLASS MF634Cdw for 5 years and it has worked without issues until last week. Now, every time I try to print more than one page, the first page comes out OK but the second one stops 1/2 through and I get a printer jam.

If I only print one page, 80% of the time it works fine BUT for the other 20%, the page comes completely out but it still shows a paper jam, even though nothing is there.

I have cleaned all the rollers, carefully looked for pieces of stuck paper, used my air compressor to completely blow out all areas of the printer, looked for any jamming / bad gears, used hard paper stock and forced it through the paper path - none of which has fixed the problem.

I called Canon but they said they no longer service this printer. I hate the thought of disposing of it just because of a bad sensor or switch - it does copy and print perfectly. Anyone have any idea of where the 'sensors' are for page jamming?

Thanks

Frank in MIchigan

Ask a Question