Canon ip7250 - orange light on, white gets stuck after pressing, unresponsive

Hi all! My Canon ip7250 today suddenly stopped working. When I plug in the power, after a few seconds the orange light turns on. When I press the power button, white light turns on and stays on. It does not respond to any further key presses, and won't print.

It also does not appear in Device Manager any more.

Has anyone had this issue, and how to solve it?

Was printer protected with power surge protector?
What OS? Windows 10? Printer connected USB or Wireless?
Did you check USB cable connections? Try new USB cable?
Check printer wireless setup?

If no longer shows in Devices & Printers. Try re-install
First uninstall all Canon applications in Windows Uninstall.
Delete any residual Canon folders on computer.
Re-install with Canon Driver CD, as instructed by Canon.
Believe printer must remain disconnected during driver install.
Now reconnect printer. Doe it now show in Devices & Printers?
Let us know
Regards

Well, this was really fast! :)

No surge protector and there was no storm that might have burned it. It is connected both by wifi and by USB, on Win 10, but it does not matter, since it won't even come online. I also tried disconnecting the USB and turning it on, but the same happens: after plugging it in to the power line, a couple of seconds later, the orange light comes on. If I press the power button, the white light turns on and the printer bricks. I can only pull the plug out. No matter if plugged into the USB or not.

Think you are telling me that printer will not turn off at power button. You instead, have to remove printer from wall power source. That tells me that printer power module possibly damaged. Let me also say that storms are not
the only culprit. Power company swapping generators or tree falling on power line, may generate spikes or surges. Such can create havoc on your equipment.

You should not connect USB when utilizing wireless configuration and vice versa. One or the other.

Lets continue a bit.
Do you have any error messages showing?
Unplug printer from house power for a couple hours.
Remove USB cable entirely.

Connect power cable to wall outlet (different outlet in another room)
Press power button
Can you navigate menu at printer control panel?
If so, can you locate "Restore Printer Defaults". Probably in printer maintenance section.

If all else fails, you might try lifting printer and shaking entire unit. Could possibly be loose connection.

If printer fails to respond, then Canon may be your only hope.
Would be interested in outcome.
Florida, USA

As last resort, try this:
Press and hold this button for 8 to 10 seconds

Canon-IP7250ResetSwitch.jpg

Thanks, Ruffin, I've now tried everything as you suggested, with no success whatsoever. Gave a call to a local service and explained them the situation and they suspect on a motherboard issue.

In other words, it is better to get a new printer rather then getting this one fixed.

Can only guess that repair of out of warranty machine would be expensive and new IP7250
runs $100 U.S. Maybe more where you are. Equipment repair is indeed expensive here.
Im so sorry we were unable to get it going. Let us know anything further.
Best Regards

This is old, but i got the same problem. My printer was unplugged for a while, and got the same orange light. When press power on, light turn on, but then cant even turn it off. This printers are such a scam!

Ask a Question