Canon iX6820 out of alignment after 30 pages

I have several Canon Pixma ix6820s in a workshop that gets a bit chilly. A brand new one just went WAY out of alignment after about 40 pages. It's 55 degrees but the specs say down to 41 degrees. Is it the cold?

D

Deleted member 14725

I have several Canon Pixma ix6820s in a workshop that gets a bit chilly. A brand new one just went WAY out of alignment after about 40 pages. It's 55 degrees but the specs say down to 41 degrees. Is it the cold?
Can you post a picture of the printing alignment failure? does it look like this?

pgbk-jpg.1657

There are some canon printers failing due to unknown reasons causing what I posted, Canon knows it but never said any specifics on what's happening, north american customers are being backed up by support or refunds, that's all I know. I happen to own the IX6810 model, prints like that and there are others reporting the same issue with the same and related models.

exploradorgt,
I have exactly the same problem as you with my Pixma 7751.
Have you resolved it?
What did you do?
Thanks - Mike

D

Deleted member 14725

exploradorgt,
I have exactly the same problem as you with my Pixma 7751.
Have you resolved it?
What did you do?
Thanks - Mike
I've found it's a common problem with the IX6810 / IX6820 / IP7210 (yours) and some other models.

No solution so far, been looking for a printhead replacement, sadly these are RARE and the ones I've found are overpriced.

Found some testimonials on the Official Canon Support Forums, a few shared their story on replacing the print head and finding the problem persisted, there was no way to know if the replacement was bad as well.

There was ONE guy saying he got a replacement, same problem, so he put the original bad one back in... and the problem was gone, but came back after a few weeks.

I personally, don't think it's a printhead problem, instead I suspect a logic board issue, perhaps a blown component but the machine is not pretty to tear apart. What I've been doing is printing in "high resolution paper" mode, so the printer uses the other black nozzles and cartridge. It's slow and doesn't get you the same quality results but it's better than nothing.

Thank you - points taken - I've done umpteen cleaning and aligning processes but they haven't fixed it.
I too have been printing in "high quality" mode - replacement printheads are indeed expensive.
I dunno, it looks like I'll have to buy a new printer.
Best wishes - Mike.

D

Deleted member 14725

It's 55 degrees but the specs say down to 41 degrees. Is it the cold?
About this, I thought extensively regarding temperature, I have no idea what causes the error but high temperature might damage the nozzles, so I moved right away to setting my canon printers to use quiet mode, this reduces the printing speed but will also reduce the heating allowing some recovery. Again: I have no idea if this caused the error in the first place, but as a safety measure I will use this quiet mode feature permanently on every single high quality expensive Canon printer.

Ask a Question