Color Ink Level Doesn't Show

Greetings; Re: Dell V515w printer. Windows 10 O/S.
I purchased new compatible black & color ink cartridges for my printer & I couldn't get the color to work or read how much is in the cartridge. I did extensive cleaning with no good results. Next, I thought to uninstall the printer & reinstall it and proceeded to the control panel where I hit the uninstall button & I was greeted with a popup that read, in so many words, cannot install because the printer is not compatible to windows 10, yes, even though I was trying to uninstall, the message read install. Anyhow, I was able to uninstall it using Revo. When I tried to install it, I got that message again that the printer is not compatible with Windows 10. I connected with several sources to try different things and nothing changed. The last thing I did was to go to Dell where I was able to install it using Compatibility Mode but I still don't know if I had a healthy installation and it is affecting the color cartridge. Thank You for any input.

Ask a Question