Direct Print

jmm

does anyone know why there is no inkjet printer equipped with Direct Print (i.e. the capability to directly print e.g. pdf's from a usb stick) whereas this exists for laser printers?
this question has been obsessing me for quite a while as noone in computer or office stores seems to know the answer...
jm
(ps: am not particularly interested in printing pics through pictbridge)

The reason, i suspect is that it would require a large amount of power, most Lasers are equiped with RAM and a CPU, maybe even a hard drive. A Inkjet dosent (Well not really) You need quite alot of CPU power to be able to read the 50-100 different formats, then convert and print them. lasers are designed to do this, inkjets arnt.

hai,

I just turned 16 and have some b-day cash & I'm looking for a job and I want to buy a camera. I'm hoping for 5 megapixels or more and one of those things where you can just plug your camera into a little printer thing and have your pics. I know that's kinda expensive and all, I'm saving up for it.

Ask a Question