Dithering and Halftoning question

Basically, my question is, if you have a high enough resolution scan of a document, is it possible to turn off the dithering and half-toning in an inkjet printer and just have it reprint the entire scan dot for dot?
Don't worry, I'm not trying to forge anything or do anything illegal. It's just a question I've been wondering recently because of OCD or something :rolleyes:
And I have a couple ideas for really cool things you could do with it like micro-writing and whatnot. (Would concealing your passwords into the dithering of a high resolution print on your wall so you can only see them with a high-powered loupe or something not be cool?!)

I guess it might not be a matter of turning of dithering or half-toning but rather just actually replicating the scan without having your printer take the scan back down to its own printing resolution (like 360 DPI or whatever) and then dithering it from there on it's own.

Anyway, if anyone has any experience with this or knows if it is or isn't possible (and with what printer) that'd be great, or even anyone's thoughts about it. Thanks!

Last edited: