Does Anyone Know what Causes This? (Brother HL-3140CW)

Hi everyone,
Please see the image. It appears that the text supposed to be in the blank strip actually goes on left side of the blank strip. Here is what I did so far:
- Printer diagnostic color image and found the issue only in the black section.
- Replaced the black toner.
- Updated drivers and firmware.

Still got the issue. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Ahmed

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 89
It looks as though while the page is being pulled over the drum that at one point it's slipping. This can be caused by foreign debris that's enough to hold the paper in place for a sec but not so much as to make it jam, it can also be caused by paper dust on one side of paper feed roller, or it can be caused by worn or aged rubber paper feed rollers. The last is most likely, but don't rule out any of it. You can get methyl salicylate (wintergreen oil) printer roller "renewers". This substance soaks into old rubber, time-hardened rubber and makes it more pliable and grippy again. It could also be some weirdness with the drum itself - some printers (sorry, don't know if yours is one) use the drum itself as one side of the roller that pulls paper through, and that part of the drum may be slightly warn and slippy. Still, I'd put money on a worn or age-hardened (or both) rubber roller.

It looks as though while the page is being pulled over the drum that at one point it's slipping. This can be caused by foreign debris that's enough to hold the paper in place for a sec but not so much as to make it jam, it can also be caused by paper dust on one side of paper feed roller, or it can be caused by worn or aged rubber paper feed rollers. The last is most likely, but don't rule out any of it. You can get methyl salicylate (wintergreen oil) printer roller "renewers". This substance soaks into old rubber, time-hardened rubber and makes it more pliable and grippy again. It could also be some weirdness with the drum itself - some printers (sorry, don't know if yours is one) use the drum itself as one side of the roller that pulls paper through, and that part of the drum may be slightly warn and slippy. Still, I'd put money on a worn or age-hardened (or both) rubber roller.

Hi Va1Der, and thank you very much. It is a Brother HL-3140, I bought it from a person who had never used it before. So I am the one who unboxed it and used it for the first time. Very disappointed. I even bought new black ink cartridge for it, and it still has the same issue.

Ask a Question