Epson 2100 switched on yet unresponsive

Hi everyone - I apologise for my first post being a 'please help me!' one...

Had a look around this site last night to try and shed some light on the problem that seems to have occurred with my Epson 2100. I found the Epson 2200 and 2100 resetting instructions yet it did not seem to work for me - the two lights never flashed so it wasn't anything to do with the precise timing you seem to need when resetting it.

Anyway, symptoms are not turning off at printer on/off switch but will obviously turn off at the wall, no buttons are responsive which means it will not feed paper through nor will it move the ink heads for inspection, replacing catridges etc. It seems to have vanished from my printer list on the computer so I downloaded the drivers again however it hasn't worked. It is plugged into my computer using a firewire - but this doesn't seem to be the problem I don't think as its the unit itself which seems unresponsive.

The printer was absolutely perfect the last time I had used it which was 3 weeks ago.

No lights are flashing, the only light which is on is the green dot in the middle of the power button on the printer itself. It makes a small quick noise when first turned on but the ink heads do not move at all.

I doubt it makes any difference as it's worked fine since installation but the printer has a continuous ink system.

Any help would be great as I really really need to print!!!

Thanks

Sarah :)

Ask a Question