Epson Artisan 720 ink mixup

Hello, greetings, etc.
My printer of said brand and model is experiencing an issue in which it thinks magenta and light cyan inks have traded places. This is a new cartridge, and I'd like it if I didn't have to buy another cartridge. I've concluded that the cartridge that is the issue is the light cyan one, as when I remove it, it doesn't say that both light cyan and magenta are installed incorrectly and just light cyan is. I've not been able to print or even scan like this. Any help is-- well, helpful.
-E

Try this Generic:
Take a soft cloth saturated with alcohol and rub several times across the copper contacts at rear of cartridges.
Do the same thing to the mating contacts on the printer cartridge carriage. Wipe excess alcohol away. Let dry
for few minutes. Reinsert cartridge pressing more towards mating contacts as you insert
cartridge. You should hear it click into position.

if you still have problem do this:

Click Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click 720 Icon -> Select Remove Device
Re-install Printer Driver
Other Epson Software can remain.

Cleaned off the contacts with alcohol, like you said, and it did nothing. I reinstalled the driver first thing, but I did it again and itt did nothing. I'm beginning to thing the chip on the cart was the wrong one in the factory.

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like you must try another new cartridge. Wrap the suspected bad cartridge
in saran wrap or plastic wrap to seal it. This will keep ink from drying out and you may use cartridge again later.
Be sure to use only Epson brand cartridges and verify correct part number. Wish you luck. Let us know.
Regards

Ask a Question