Epson ET 3760 ADF dark lines

Recently, my scanned image from ADF consistently has a few vertical dark lines. There are no dark lines if I scan from glass, or to make prints.

User manual suggests to clean ADF rollers. Don't think it matters since the position of the dark lines do not coincide with the rollers.

Anyone that has seen this before?

Foreign material such as dust, fragments of paper or some other "stuff" that's occluding that part of your scanner sensor. So, line up the scan with the original source docs and your scanner path and then carefully examine the optical sensor strip that your document passes over... Once you've figured out what's causing it you may be able to clean off the "stuff" or at least see if the problem is something internal that requires more involved maintenance to fix.

I really wish people would post their printer model. Different Epsons work differently.

Some ADF lines can be a spot on the glass. Most Epson ADFs usually work by parking the scanner head furthest to the left and pushing the paper past it. Sometimes it's just the furthest left part of the main glass. Sometimes it's a little open strip further to the left of the main glass. One little spot here can leave lines.

Some Epson ADFs have their own intrinsic scanners. This is the case for printers that have single-pass duplex scanning. You might need to open the ADF, most of them have a way to expose the secondary scanner strip.

Hmm

well, its about a year later but the solution is this:

open the the head of the machine exposing the scanner glass
look at the bottom of the adf, on the left there should be a plastic held by three screws.
examine the plastic for ink, dirt etc.

if there is debris unscrew the three screws, GENTLY GENTLY GENTLY wiggle around the plastic tabs holding in the plastic until it comes free
take a clean piece of paper, put the plastic on it with the dirty side face up
get isopropyl alcohol 90% or higher and use a cloth to clean it.

put everything back together and you should be in business

I see the debris on the inside of the plastic. I removed the 3 screws and tried to push and manuever all the tabs that I can see and the clear plastic strip will not come out.

Ask a Question