Epson ET-8550 with Epson Print Layout

I have an Epson ET-8550 printer which works great. But I don't quite understand Epson's attitude towards software. Easy Print Layout software works but is not officially listed in the list of compatible printers. Why? I am trying to contact customer service about this but I am unable to do so. My suggestion would be: 1 / to include ET-8550 in the list of compatible printers. 2 / add to this software a tool that allows you to include frames and borders. If anyone has any idea how to do this, I'm interested.

... actually, to be clearer, I would like to know a way to add black frame / border to my photos when printing with Epson Print Layer. This while waiting for EPSON to make this improvement to this software, which I hope to see one day. Apart from that, EPL is a very good tool bun!

I have an Epson ET-8550 printer which works great. But I don't quite understand Epson's attitude towards software. Easy Print Layout software works but is not officially listed in the list of compatible printers. Why? I am trying to contact customer service about this but I am unable to do so. My suggestion would be: 1 / to include ET-8550 in the list of compatible printers. 2 / add to this software a tool that allows you to include frames and borders. If anyone has any idea how to do this, I'm interested.
Hi I have a et 8550 too, I start to try and understand the immense world of printing. Soon I will install the EPL software... I would like to know if you have had any different of colour between using EPL and other software

The Epson Print Layout works just fine with the 8550 or any other epson printer.The easier way to do a black border is in PShop prior to using the EPL. However the EPL does have a setting to use color borders. Just check it, choose your color by clicking in the box. Check scale to fit and use dimension sliders to determine the border width. The ? regarding color - EPL does not impact the color space. you do by your paper set up. You need to put in the type of paper and ICC Profile for the paper. and or if using Epson papers the EPL has a Auto choose which will bring up the appropriate Epson paper profile.You can also use other paper manufactures with this printer. Just be sure to download the icc profiles for the printer. If this is to technical, just select printer determines profile for the paper type you have chosen and most of the time the color will be ok for none critical viewing.

Hello, and sorry for digging up an old post! I just purchased the 8550 but I don't see it in the options of the dropdown menu of printers on the EPL software, it just shows my old epson 1550, and ideas how I can get it to work with the 8550?

Hello, and sorry for digging up an old post! I just purchased the 8550 but I don't see it in the options of the dropdown menu of printers on the EPL software, it just shows my old epson 1550, and ideas how I can get it to work with the 8550?
If you are using a Mac go to printer settings highlight your 1500 and delete. then press the + icon to add your 8550. This will then show up in the EPL. I have found this printer works best hooked up via USB. Skip the AirPrint option. Hope this helps.

Ask a Question