Epson 'immigrant' printer issues

I found out today from Epson UK, that having shipped my hardly used Epson large format printer to the UK from New Zealand, that it is a model not sold in the UK and so unsupported. It is a Stylus Pro 7800, which I purchased in New Zealand more than 7 years ago, used but just a little for its first 2 years then shipped back to the UK in a customer crate and stored until now. I am guilty of assuming this model was available in the UK and that it would be supported, but when I tried to get an experienced Epson engineer to be able to assist in the re commissioning of my printer, I drew a blank, for I was told by Epson that I would have to ship it back to NZ in order to get support.

Does anybody out there know whether a 7800 is technically similar to other Epson large format printers or where I might get some technical help from, or any other useful info. Thanks

Joe

Ask a Question