Epson LX-300+

Hi. I have an Epson LX300+ printer attached to a computer running Windows Vista and Word. When I try and print text from Word IN one of the printer's native fonts eg Courier, the machine prints very slowly as if it is printing an image. If I print in a non-native font such as Times New Roman, printing is much faster but the quality is not great. Clearly, something is wrong as the printer should be quicker at producing a native font. How can I print quickly AND in a native font? Should I change a setting on Word, Windows or the printer? I have tried changing the font on the printer's control panel but this makes no difference.
Thanks.

I understand I'll need to install a generix/text driver to speed up printing and stop Windows from overriding my printer.
I have set up a generic driver, but I think I need to enter the command codes to make it work? At the moment if I try and print nothing happens.

Ask a Question