Epson papers and ICC profiles for new Epson XP-15000

I recently purchased an Epson XP-15000 to replace my old Epson R2000. I used color profiles when printing from Photoshop or Lightroom and with my older R2000 it was no problem since Epson supplied them for the papers I use -- velvet fine art & premium glossy photo paper. After reaching out to Epson customer support today I was informed that they have no ICC profiles for their papers and the XP-15000. Since I've spent a good deal of money getting my system together and calibrated so the monitor matches the print output it looks like I need to find a new brand of paper. Does anyone know of paper manufacturers that have ICC profiles for the XP-15000? Or does anyone know of plans for Epson to create the ICC profiles at a later date? I realize that this printer was just announced in December so there might be some lag.

Have you had any luck finding the profiles? I just bought mt 15000 and have the same issue. i think we are supposed to let the printer handle the paper and color. seems counter intuative.
I have fornd icc profiles for other papers for the xp15000 at Moab papers.

I made the mistake of trying to download the profiles from Epson, it turns out that they install them when you install the epson drivers and software. Attached is a list of the profiles that were installed. For papers that have no ICC profile for the XP15000 I use Lasersoft Imaging's SilverFast software to create them.. I prefer the Epson papers myself so most of what they sell is in this ICC list.

Attachments

• profiles.jpg
    profiles.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 338
Hi I know this is a long shot but can you tell me where you found this? Do you have to install it manually? I can’t find these in photoshop…

Hi I know this is a long shot but can you tell me where you found this? Do you have to install it manually? I can’t find these in photoshop…
On my system they are here
C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color\EPSON XP-15000 Velvet Fine Art.icc

Go to the epson website and download the XP-15000 drivers and software. Somewhere in that process they show up in the correct directory. Photoshop seems to pick them up automatically.

Ask a Question