Epson papers and ICC profiles for new Epson XP-15000

Discussion in 'Printer Paper / Media' started by jdarrah, Jan 26, 2018.

1. jdarrah

jdarrah

I recently purchased an Epson XP-15000 to replace my old Epson R2000. I used color profiles when printing from Photoshop or Lightroom and with my older R2000 it was no problem since Epson supplied them for the papers I use -- velvet fine art & premium glossy photo paper. After reaching out to Epson customer support today I was informed that they have no ICC profiles for their papers and the XP-15000. Since I've spent a good deal of money getting my system together and calibrated so the monitor matches the print output it looks like I need to find a new brand of paper. Does anyone know of paper manufacturers that have ICC profiles for the XP-15000? Or does anyone know of plans for Epson to create the ICC profiles at a later date? I realize that this printer was just announced in December so there might be some lag.

jdarrah, Jan 26, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. jdarrah

XicanLo

Have you had any luck finding the profiles? I just bought mt 15000 and have the same issue. i think we are supposed to let the printer handle the paper and color. seems counter intuative.
    I have fornd icc profiles for other papers for the xp15000 at Moab papers.

XicanLo, Jun 8, 2020
    1. Advertisements

3. jdarrah

jdarrah

I made the mistake of trying to download the profiles from Epson, it turns out that they install them when you install the epson drivers and software. Attached is a list of the profiles that were installed. For papers that have no ICC profile for the XP15000 I use Lasersoft Imaging's SilverFast software to create them.. I prefer the Epson papers myself so most of what they sell is in this ICC list.

Attached Files:

jdarrah, Jun 8, 2020
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question