Epson Photomate Bluetooth

Hi
I have bought a Photomate printer which can take an Epson Bluetooth Dongle. I can't find any for sale. If I just plug in a fiver Bluetooth Dongle into the USB on the printer off eBay will that work with my phone to wirelessly print?

It's not something I or likely many others have direct experience with. The printer is likely using a tiny BusyBox Linux distribution as it's internal OS. Whether or not any ole bluetooth dongle will work depends on how Epson set up that environment. If they have used normal USB detection from most Linux distros intact, then any bluetooth dongle will likely work. If they have set it up to only respond to the ID in their dongle, then no.

I always have a few cheap bluetooth dongles around anyway. It's useful to have for a multitude of reasons. You prolly won't hurt the printer by trying it, so my advice is to get one and see.

Hi I've now tried a generic Bluetooth adapter off eBay, great advice! And my phone is now paired to the printer.

When I have printed over WiFi to my A4 Canon I needed to download a Canon Printing App which worked well.

I've had a search and don't see anything for Epson and Bluetooth specifically? I appreciate this printer is very old, but is there a Epson app, or third party app that anyone recommends for an Android phone to print on a Photomate 100?

Ask a Question