Epson SC-P600 Grinding Sound on Paper Takeup

I've been using an Epson SC-P600 for the past four years without any problems, cleaning and maintaining on a regular basis however, I've run into an issue where the printer is making a hideous sound when feeding paper from the main sheet feeder. It sounds almost like grinding gears but I'm not sure of the actual source. I'm trying to understand what might be causing the sound (as it doesn't sound at all good) so I can take the necessary steps to rectify the problem.

Paper is still feeding correctly and the printer is printing as expected but my concern is that whatever is causing the grinding sound is eventually going to damage the printer so I'm very keen to try and remedy the problem.

I've uploaded an audio clip here which covers a single print, the grinding sound in question can be heard at the 16s to 18s mark.

If anyone has any ideas as to the likely cause of the grinding sound and can point me in the right direction in terms of what needs to be done to rectify it I would be eternally grateful.

Ask a Question