EPSON SC P9000 Ink Delaminating

I have recently purchased an Epson SC STD P9000 wide format printer and am experiencing a problem with the ink not adhering to the canvas properly. I have used Epson Satin canvas, Epson matt canvas as well as another matt canvas, called Pandora. They are all 350gsm.

I was in the process of framing a print this morning and was alarmed at the ease with which the ink delaminated from the canvas. I have subsequently done tests on three other stretched canvas prints we have acquired from other print shops using other printers, over the past 2 years and the stability of these inks were significantly more stable. One print had minimal loss of ink and the other two, almost no ink loss off the canvas. My test was to take a towel, dampened with water and rubbing with soft to medium pressure several times across a small area of the print. The prints

My questions are;
1. Are there settings on the machine that I may not aware of that would improve the adhesion? We are printing on matt and
satin canvas and select that option on the printer and in the software program before printing. The matt and photo black
settings also correspond accordingly as the printer won’t print if the incorrect black is in use.
2. I print through Photoshop. Is there a Photoshop setting that needs to be taken into account in the print settings dialogue
box that needs to be taken into account?
3. Is there another factor that we have not taken into account that would remedy this situation?

I would be most grateful if anyone is able to assist me with this as it is a major concern.

Attachments

• Audiolens print - no loss of ink after rubbing.jpg
    Audiolens print - no loss of ink after rubbing.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 156
  • Epson _P9000 on Epson Canvas Matt - substantial ink loss (1).jpg
    Epson _P9000 on Epson Canvas Matt - substantial ink loss (1).jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 143
  • Epson _P9000 on Epson Canvas Matt - substantial ink loss.jpg
    Epson _P9000 on Epson Canvas Matt - substantial ink loss.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 153
  • Fotofirst print - minimal loss of ink after rubbing.jpg
    Fotofirst print - minimal loss of ink after rubbing.jpg