Epson WF-7525: Duplex Paper Jam for no reason when printing double sided...

Hello,

I have an Epson WF-7525 printer which has recently started showing a paper jam error every time I try to print double sided.

I can clear the jam by pressing the 'ok' button on the printer and the sheet of paper which was 'jammed' is ejected (without any crumples or tears of any kind) and the job re-starts only for the jam message to show again as soon as the printer tries to print on the second side of a sheet.

Single sided jobs print fine and I have taken the back door off the machine and checked for any blockages or debris that might cause the 'jam' but there is nothing at all blocking the mechanism or stuck in the printer...

I am scratching my head about the cause of this as I cant see anything obvious - the printers is around 3 years old and has not been used a huge amount and is in perfect working order otherwise...

I am using Windows 10 with the Epson universal printer driver but I also had this problem printing from Linux recently. The strange thing is that duplex printing worked perfectly up until a few weeks ago when the jam error started being shown every time I try to print using the duplex feature...

I would like to do my bit to save mother earth and print double sided where possible so any pointers on how I can resolve this would be much appreciated!

Thank you.

Thanks for the reply ruffin - the info in the manual is not much use as there is no jam or anything stuck in the device - I am using generic printing paper which has never been a problem before but I will try some other paper I have a see if that helps... In terms of cleaning the roller - the main roller in the duplex unit shows some cracking so I may need to rejuvenate the rubber with some sort of treatment - thank for the link to the manual I had lost the original!

will see what I can do in terms of cleaning the rubber and trying a different type of paper and update here once done.

Thank you for your help!

I've owned at least 8 Epson WF-7510 printers and they all do this. Some worse than others. Over time it will increasingly get worse. There has been times when I've had to coax and baby a sheet of paper 10 times through that irritating cycle in order to get it to accept it. I personally think it's just a design flaw or weakness in these kinds of printers.

Thanks for your reply - I think you are right, I haven't found a resolution to the problem but the printer still prints single sided okay... The strange thing is, if I change any of the paper quality settings from default in the driver settings, the printer also 'jams' now as well. It used to work fine at all settings... I've taken it apart and cleaned all rollers etc and can see no signs of damage or even excessive ware and tear so it seems strange that it would suddenly start doing this... oh well, at least it still prints single sided... I have had it for 3 to 4 years although I haven't used it excessively during this time... still not a bad printer for the money I suppose...

your problem is caused by the duplexer unit, try another one and see if it works, then we can go in details about the duplexer unit, We sold hundreds of these models, they are very good and long lasting,

AKN

I found what was causing my double sided printing to jam. This solution might help others. Upon clearing jammed paper and cleaning the feed rollers. The duplex rollers took some tinkering as they are only accessed from the front of the printer. I had to keep turning the printer on and off so that the duplex rollers would activate and I could clean them.

Still jamming. I opened the scanner lid again and did a closer inspection. This is what I found, see picture. There was a small edge of the foam covering the floor of the paper exit/return shaft that had come loose and was protruding up into the path of the paper. It was just enough to catch the paper returning back into the printer when printing the reverse side and causing jam after jam. I took a coffee twizzle stick and pushed the foam back under the edge of the paper guide. I first just lightly returned it to place, but the foam had gotten used to sticking out, so I decided to go ahead and tuck it under as shown in the photo. RESULT... voila! Just printed ten double-sided pages with no jams.

I hope this might help some of you. I considered gluing it down. If it comes loose again and causes jams, I may resort to this, but at least I know now where to look if future problems arise.

Attachments

• 20171025_073507.jpg
    20171025_073507.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 1,380
Last edited:
I found what was causing my double sided printing to jam. This solution might help others. Upon clearing jammed paper and cleaning the feed rollers. The duplex rollers took some tinkering as they are only accessed from the front of the printer. I had to keep turning the printer on and off so that the duplex rollers would activate and I could clean them.

Still jamming. I opened the scanner lid again and did a closer inspection. This is what I found, see picture. There was a small edge of the foam covering the floor of the paper exit/return shaft that had come loose and was protruding up into the path of the paper. It was just enough to catch the paper returning back into the printer when printing the reverse side and causing jam after jam. I took a coffee twizzle stick and pushed the foam back under the edge of the paper guide. I first just lightly returned it to place, but the foam had gotten used to sticking out, so I decided to go ahead and tuck it under as shown in the photo. RESULT... voila! Just printed ten double-sided pages with no jams.

I hope this might help some of you. I considered gluing it down. If it comes loose again and causes jams, I may resort to this, but at least I know now where to look if future problems arise.

Beautiful, thanks for that. My printer would jam printing Duplex sheets, and also jam when I turned the print quality up above "normal"! I looked in the print bay for signs of the foam coming loose, but I couldn't see anything, so I prodded everything down with a stick. Hey presto, duplex printing worked, but high quality printing still didn't. So I vacuumed the whole area ( be careful not to suck up the foam like I did ) removed the big pull out cartridge from the back and did the same. Now it all works.

Hello,

I have an Epson WF-7525 printer which has recently started showing a paper jam error every time I try to print double sided.

I can clear the jam by pressing the 'ok' button on the printer and the sheet of paper which was 'jammed' is ejected (without any crumples or tears of any kind) and the job re-starts only for the jam message to show again as soon as the printer tries to print on the second side of a sheet.

Single sided jobs print fine and I have taken the back door off the machine and checked for any blockages or debris that might cause the 'jam' but there is nothing at all blocking the mechanism or stuck in the printer...

I am scratching my head about the cause of this as I cant see anything obvious - the printers is around 3 years old and has not been used a huge amount and is in perfect working order otherwise...

I am using Windows 10 with the Epson universal printer driver but I also had this problem printing from Linux recently. The strange thing is that duplex printing worked perfectly up until a few weeks ago when the jam error started being shown every time I try to print using the duplex feature...

I would like to do my bit to save mother earth and print double sided where possible so any pointers on how I can resolve this would be much appreciated!

Thank you.
hi did you manage to fix this i noe have 2 epson printers doing it 3540 and 7720

My Epson L8180 does the same. Only on the sides where the photos are. I mean, the paper gets wet and during rotating duplexer is getting stuck. Lowering down the density of prints does not help to solve the issue. Sending my printor for repair. It's under garancy. Sorry for my EN, cheers from Poland.

Hi, same problem: fake paper jam printing the second side in duplex mode, or with high quality. With single side standard quality it print without problem. I've tried cleaning the rollers, cleaning and inspecting the paper sensor, cleaning the foam and changing the maintainance box without success: still fake jam. Any suggestions please?

Hello,

Thank you.
I had all this and tried everything eventually took it to epson on a fixed price repair 99 pounds and its all fixed they replaced the print head and all sorts of parts

Ask a Question