Epson XP-332

Hi, Goozzie a newbie here, I have an Epson XP332 which for some reason will not let me insert new cartridges in it.
I got it second hand because the owner said it would not work with compatible cartridges. So after getting it home I opened it up and removed the seriously leaking cartridges. I then cleaned the printer up and ordered some new cartridges. Now when I turn the printer on I get two error messages... 0x9A and E-01 looking these error codes up it states that there is a paper jam, this can't be because it has not had any paper in it and I have looked thoroughly for any small piece of paper and there is nothing. I am wondering if I disturbed something when I was cleaning the ink up.
Can anyone help, please?

Use only Epson brand cartridges and ink. Try disconnecting printer from wall outlet for 5 minutes.
Pick-up printer up-side-down and shake it. This may dislodge loose screw or broken plastic piece,
that may have fallen into paper transport path. Here is link that may help with ink clean-up:

https://www.printerforums.net/threads/clogged-print-heads.65647/

Have a look at some of these Youtube videos not specific to your model, but may give you insight
in clearing jams:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Epson+XP-332+paper+jam

Thanks for your reply, I purchased genuine Epson inks. When I first got it home and turned it on and opened it the cartridge case came out and I removed all the cartridges in it. All were leaking so I cleaned the ink up, closed the printer and turned it off. I had to wait for the Epson cartridges to be delivered. When I got them I turned the printer on and opened it but the cartridge holder stayed where it was. I then noticed the Error codes. So there is no paper or any other type of jam as It was working before I cleaned the ink up.
Any other ideas, please.

OK. View these three videos first:

Still no success. Try this:
Turn printer on and immediately unplug printer from wall outlet.
You should now be able to manually move the cartridge carriage to the left.
Move carriage to convenient spot to load ink cartridges.
Replace power plug and cartridge carriage should move full to right.
Printer may attempt cleaning process. Just let it do its thing.
Let me know

Thanks for your suggestions Ruffin, I am aware how to replace ink cartridges as I have had Epson printers the last 15 years so inserting cartridges is not the problem. I also tried your suggestion about turning it on and unplugging it immediately but the cartridge carrier would not move from its locked position.
Would the errors suggesting a paper jam be caused by anything else other than paper? Because it was working when I took the old cartridges out.

Well Goozzie, it was not about inserting cartridges, but rather the maintenance settings on printer control panel, that would allow cartridge carrier to move left. All three videos step you through the setup that will move the carrier. One of those videos should apply to your particular model. Good luck

None of the above videos are relevant to my situation as I cannot get to the control panel. When I switch the printer on the control panel shows Printer error 0x9A and E-01 and whatever I press on the front control panel I cannot get into the control system so I have no opportunity to get to where I can use the control panel to change cartridges. The cartridge holder remains stuck. So there is no way that I know how to remove a paper jam when I have not put any paper in the printer. As I have said before it was working because I took the old cartridges out. Any other ideas when the printer is saying there is a paper jam when there is no paper in or been through the printer. I have also tried your suggestion of turning the printer on and un plugging it and turning it upside down and shaking it which I have tried several times but to no avail.

Ok Goozzie. Lets try this video:

Do you have this plastic piece blocking carriage movement.?
Can you wiggle it and move it down, as he has done in video.
Video does speak of OXE8 error on XP-420, but thought your
problem sounds similar with stuck carriage. Grasping at whatever
we can find. Will continue searching.
Let me know

Sorry but once again that didn't work. But on further inspection, I found that on the other side of the carriage there was a small plastic piece that was sticking out which was stopping the carriage from moving, I pushed it back in and 'hey presto' I can now move the carriage backward and forward. Photo Enclosed.

White Plastick Blocker.JPG

But I still have the control window saying that there is a paper jam. Photo enclosed.

Control Panel.JPG

OK, thats good. Now move carriage full left. Turn printer power off. Unplug printer from wall outlet.
Re-boot computer. Restore power to printer. Turn-on printer. What happens now?

Thanks, Ruffin I will try that but I have more important things to see to at the moment as my computer CPU is overheating and freezing the computer and the only way I can restart it is turning it off at the tower and turning it back on again. I think I have sourced the problem I think one of my fans has stopped working so I have replaced it and running a test right now to see if everything is OK.

Hi Ruffin,
After many tries and suggestions that haven't worked I expect that you have washed your hands of me if that is the case that's OK.
I would, however, like to ask one more question and that is, do you know or have any idea as to where the paper jam sensor is? It may be that which is stopping the printer from working.
Regards

Goozzie

Sorry, No idea where your paper jam sensor located. Cannot locate maintenance manual to find out either.

As one last try, you might beg or borrow another computer. Install your printer using install cd and install
instructions. This would eliminate any possibility computer generated problem. Just a thought. Out of gas otherwise.

Here is another video with regards to E01 error:

I have previously watched all three videos via utube and everything is OK.
I think I will put it on a freecycle site with all its problems and see if someone wants it.
Thanks for all your help and suggestions but its time this printer was shown the bin.
Regards
Goozzie

Ask a Question