Epson XP-452 Won't Scan

I have an Epson XP-452 which, until recently, has been working perfectly. A couple of weeks ago I changed my ISP from Virgin Media to BT, and since then the printer will not scan properly. The scanner can produce a copy of a document but not create a file on the computer (I get an error E583-B319). Running Epson Scan 2, I can preview the document but when I try to scan I get the error code and I have to switch the printer off.

Some other information. My router is a BT Smart Hub 2. The printer is connected over wi-fi. I have been in contact with Epson Support which has suggested uninstalling everything and reinstalling the printer. This made no difference. I also have an Epson V500 Photo scanner and this works fine, albeit this is connected via USB. (I tried the XP-452 over USB and the problem is still there).

I find it hard to believe that the printer developed a fault precisely at the point of ISP changeover, so I am perplexed as to the cause. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Ask a Question