Epson XP-630 Printer problems

I have a Lenovo 500-isk running Windows 10 pro and an Acer Aspire 5742 running Windows 10 Home with both connected to a Virginmedia Hub with 2g and 5g connections.

Recently I have replaced my old printer with an Epson Xpression Premium XP-630 which I have connected via wifi using the CD that came with the printer.

Whilst connecting the printer I rceived a message saying that the wifi connections are not supported by the printer's wifif but, up to a point, the printer works OK in as much that it prints from both computers. The main problem that I have is that software such as Paintshop Pro X9, Windows Scan and other scanning software, including that supplied by Epson cann see the scanner.

I have also found that the File Explorer sows that the Network Devices have a red cross against them
1. USBSTORAGE (\\EPSONxxxxx)
2. MEDIACARD (\\EPSONyyyyy)

Sometimes when using the printer's own scan icon the laptop is found and sometimes it is not.

Can anyone offer me a way to resolve the problem?

Ask a Question