EPSON XP-7100 Print Head died, June 7, 2022

Hi all, I'm a brand new member here and have a question about a printer.

After using my Epson XP7100 for printing both photos (sometimes) and documents (almost daily) for a few years now, it has just turned into a brick tonight. I was cleaning the print heads after checking the quality, which didn't get better. After about four cycles, it said "something is wrong with the print head. Contact Epson". And it then died forever (I presume). I've had several Epson printers, both all-in-ones and dedicated photo printers, and I've really liked the quality, but I'm afraid this is the last straw for me. (I've had other problem issues in the past with other older Epson printers, both all-in-one and dedicated photo printers.) Obviously, I'm not going to try to get a new print head for this one, as it would likely be more expensive than buying a new printer....and besides, I'm just totally annoyed at this point!

I'm about to start researching (again after researching about 4-5 years ago when I bought this Epson), and see what I can find. I suppose that all I really need is a printer (preferably inkjet??) that prints whatever I want it to print in the way of documents and letters. But it was so nice to have the good photo capability of the Epson before it died. I also need my printer to have a scan function. I'm just not sure I want to go with Epson again. I'm tired of this.

Anyone want to share ideas based upon actual use?

Thanks in advance,
Mary

Never mind.....I just ordered a Canon Pixma TR8620, which I should receive in a couple of days. No apparent "kill" switch, accepts third party ink (though I probably will stick with Canon ink anyway), and has print, copy, scan, fax (though I don't need fax), prints on legal size paper, and apparently prints decent photos. 4 color + photo black cartridges. 2 paper trays (lower tray and top/rear feeder). My Canon Pro-200 photo printer will take care of my serious photo printing jobs, and I'm hoping this TR8620 will handle other stuff well. No more Epson for me.

Ask a Question