Epson XP235 will not accept cartridge

We have just replaced all 4 cartridges to our epson xp235, 3 catridges have been accepted but will not accept the 4th (cyan) we have followed instructions that came with cartidges to try and install several times, we have even reinstalled the printer but still no joy because of this the printer will not print.

We have been useing compatable cartridges from the same supplier for many years now and have had no previouse problems with the product, this is the first time we have had any problems of this nature, we have advised our cartridge supplier and wait their reply. Is it poss we have a printer fault which has now developed which anybody has heard of.

Cheers

Ginger

Hi
Thanks for the link very helpfull, seems that a contacct pin has broken away, have checked on Ebay and find that a replacement carrier is available it looks like it just clips in has anyone changed one before and is it easy to remove.

Any information would be appreciated as the printer is now obviously useless as it won't work

Cheers
Ginger

Hi Ginger,
It's My pleasure to hear it helped. Try to consider a new printers price versus the replacement carrier. If You think You can remove the old and fix it go ahead. At least if You succeed it will be a pleasure. Try to find a service manual on line and down load it . Read it and decide You can do it or not before ordering the parts . Life is a challenge. Loosing few bucks does not matter I think.

Hope You can decide & do the best.
Rohana.

We have just replaced all 4 cartridges to our epson xp235, 3 catridges have been accepted but will not accept the 4th (cyan) we have followed instructions that came with cartidges to try and install several times, we have even reinstalled the printer but still no joy because of this the printer will not print.

We have been useing compatable cartridges from the same supplier for many years now and have had no previouse problems with the product, this is the first time we have had any problems of this nature, we have advised our cartridge supplier and wait their reply. Is it poss we have a printer fault which has now developed which anybody has heard of.

Cheers

Ginger
Hello Ginger. Although I don’t have the same model printer, is this does seem to be a common Epson problem. I recently posted my solution: try search for “WF7710” to see the detail. I think the cartridges each come with their own chip and clearly these can go wrong. Grit your teeth and open another cyan cartridge and try again, setting the present one aside for eventual free replacement. Hope that there may be some read-across between our two models. Good luck and best wishes. Fontes

Ask a Question